Texas Bus Sales
Texas – The Lone Star – Not So Lonely Anymore!
Spanning 268,596 square miles and 29.1 million people to call it home, Texas is located in the South Central region of the United States. It is second only to Alaska and California in total spanned area and population respectively. Amidst the hot temperatures and the cool people, the River Walks, Museums, the Space Station, National parks, and its very own version of Silicon Valley! – Texas is a pulsing vein of life in the United States of America.
Why is Texas called the Lone Star State? Texas fought to gain independence from Mexico in 1835-36, and subsequently produced its new flag consisting of a single star, implying defiance, pride, and independence.
Travel and tourism is one of Texas’ primary economic drivers of growth. From 2011-19, $83 billion was spent and $170 billion generated for the Texas economy as its result, also creating a pleasantly whopping 1.3 million jobs in the process. The pandemic hit hard, but recovery is underway – more than 90% of the business is regained, according to estimates.
Texas – And Buses For Sale In Texas!
Naturally, with the scenic landscapes and the urban wonders that Texas provides, buses for sale are in demand. The population wants to explore, and business owners have a keen eye on the best deals for new and used buses for sale in Texas. The governing bodies promoting Texan transportation, intended to propel the T&T industry contribution to the economy even more, also boosts the incoming flow of travelers.
A forecast by Statista.com values the charter bus industry in Texas to amount to around 177.1 million USD by 2024. Have a look at the chart below
UNDERSTANDING THE POTENTIAL
Opportunists and those already in the trade do understand the massive consequences of such a booming market, provided one has the right fleet of new and used buses. Before that, let’s understand the documents one needs to drive a minibus or shuttle bus or on the free-spirited roads of Texas:
- An individual is required obtain and hold a Commercial Driver License Permit (CLP) for at least 14 days if s/he wants to do any of the 3 things: apply for a Commercial Driver License (CDL) for the first time, upgrade their CDL from Class C to either Class B or A or from Class B to A; or add a school bus or a passenger endorsement to an existing CDL
- To apply for a CLP, one must be a Texas driver license holder first and foremost. Studying for the written test and appearing for the driver’s test are the next steps from there. We have covered this in greater detail below
Tip: For in-depth details, you can visit the Texas Department of Public Safety’s official website here. A clean driving record is a kind of a necessity too; if one has a tainted record in any US state, it may prove to be a potential source of trouble
- The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has set the guidelines for all new applicants to undertake an Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT) in effect from February 7, 2022. There are multiple conditions and eligibility criteria, so refer these two official links for the right details: Link 1 and Link 2
- Federal obligations laid down by the Federal Motor carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) have to be followed in addition to the local and state regulations. Hence, a USDOT number will also be required to drive buses in Texas
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS – TEXAS CDL
- A non-commercial driver’s license – as mentioned above
- Being at least 21. For intrastate only, 18 is good to go
- Proof of being a legal resident, or a U.S. citizen, plus have Texas residency proof
- Health status is also checked
- A CDL can be held in only one state
BUY A USED OR NEW BUS FOR SALE IN TEXAS DELIVERED TO YOU. ALSO GET A STEP-BY-STEP GUIDANCE ON HOW TO OBTAIN A CDL IN TEXAS. CALL 800 523 3262
APPLYING FOR A CDL – THE PROCESS
Now let’s learn how to apply for a CDL before buying a new or used shuttle bus for sale in Texas:
- At the local DMV, present them with the following:
- Your CDL application
- Your proof of lawful residence or US citizenship – either one
- SS card
- Two proofs for your Texas residency
- Photo ID
- A confirmation of medical status, either self-certified or through a medical examiner, and
- For each vehicle one owns, a Texas vehicle registration and its proof of insurance
- Next, pay your application fee, pass a thumbprint background check and a vision test. Your photo will be clicked here, so make sure to dress smart!
- The written CDL test is next. At least 80% is required to have the CDL permit issued. Note that this permit is only meant for one to drive a CMV within the permitted license class, in the front-seat presence of a licensed CDL driver
- After 14 days, and some more forms and fees, a practical skills test is scheduled, to obtain a full CDL. During the test course, any dangerous maneuver will lead to termination of that test, with two more opportunities to pass in the next 90 days (proper day count starts from submission of initial application).
Note: Three failed attempts or passing of the 90-day time period means that one has to re-initiate application
MAINTAINING A TEXAS CDL
Of course, you don’t want your bus driver to just obtain a CDL without maintaining it. Maintaining is not particularly difficult, and just requires these 3 things. These are references and we request you to conduct your own research if laws are updated:
- CDL renewal for a CMVs including buses in Texas is every 5 years
- A yearly physical exam to gauge fitness
- Drug and alcohol testing submissions as per DOT/FMCSA rules
SOME ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS
The State of Texas has many rules for CMVs, some of which are applicable to trucks, some to school buses, and others to commercial buses. Some rules are listed below to give you an idea of the nature of the rules, and to make you aware that such rules exist and need to be read up on:
- Some flares, reflectors, and fuses are to be carried when traveling outside city limits or on divided highways, at night.
- Paperwork, of course
- A filled, properly located and ready-to-use fire extinguisher is a Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations requirement for commercial vehicle
- For buses with 80 or more inches in width, lighting and reflectors between 24-60 inches are to be installed
- Stopping at railroad grade crossing unless directed otherwise is a must in Texas
- Long wheelbase buses are to have curb clearances for the rear wheels
Get Any Kind Of New Or Used Bus Delivered To You In Texas!
In addition to the plethora of information we have assisted you with, it would be even more satisfying for us to provide you with your very own fleet! Be it Charter Buses, Commercial Buses, 14-seater Passenger Vans or Minibuses for Sale, we are ready with our entire fleet of new and used buses for sale in Texas – delivered to you at your doorstep!
Browsing for buses for sale in Texas is a high-involvement purchase process, and certainly one which you should make after exploring all possible options. Nations Bus Sales is a known brand providing large inventory of all bus types at various price points customization and design options, not just from an aesthetic but a safety perspective; financing options, and experts who are here to guide you through the entire process – just dial 800 523 3262 or drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your requirements.
Even more, we deal in Bus parts, servicing of the bus, and warranties too!