Frequently Asked Questions

What kind of license do you need to drive a bus?
In all states except CA, to drive any vehicle over 15 passengers or with a GVWR of over 26,000 lbs, you need a Commercial Driver’s License with a Passenger Endorsement. If it has airbrakes, you also need an Air Brake endorsement. In CA, the number of seats is 10 before you need a commercial license.
Can you deliver the vehicle to me?
We can either arrange to have the vehicle driven to you or sent on a flatbed truck.
Do you offer financing?
Yes, we can assist with either loans or leases on most vehicles with decent credit. Down payment is determined by strength of credit and time in business, starting as low as no money down.
What is the shortest term I can lease a bus?
Normally, the shortest lease term is 12-24 months. Occasionally, there have been situations that are shorter.
What kind of warranties do you offer on your used buses?
Normally, there is no standard warranty on a used bus, unless a major component (i.e. engine or transmission) has been replaced which included warranty. Many used busses can have an extended engine or transmission warranty purchased with the bus.
How do I get warranty work on a new bus done if I’m not close to one of your facilities?
We can authorize any reputable or licensed repair shop to do the warranty work for the bus bodies & most components if needed with prior approval. Chassis manufacturers will normally need to do their own warranty work, but are probably located close to you. We can assist in finding your closest authorized dealer.
Should I buy gas or diesel?
There are several benefits to each. On a new vehicle, gas is about $8000-12000 less expensive. Diesel gets about 2 miles per gallon better fuel economy. Diesel engines normally get about an additional 100,000 more miles before needing major mechanical repairs.
Share This